Thursday, July 31, 2014

Guitarist Brian Ray from The Bayonets

Paul McCartney's guitarist fronts the Boyonets. From the I Heart Radio Studio I'm Unplugged and Totally Uncut with Brian Ray The Bayonets’ guitarist and lead vocalist Brian Ray is known worldwide for his musical contributions to the Paul McCartney Band, who continue on a massive arena & stadium tour this summer. “I've been a very lucky man to work alongside Paul McCartney for 12 years now. Suffice it to say, this perch on which I find myself working with Paul - as well as his generosity of spirit - gives me the space, time, and wherewithal to indulge my wildest sonic dream life in my spare time,“ Brian reflected, “pulling these musical ideas out of the clear blue sky with my friends, so that we can hopefully move people and rock out with them with reckless abandon. For me, rock and roll needs to stay dangerous and fun. I wanted that sense of adventure and camaraderie, and I found it with my good friend and songwriting partner, Oliver Leiber.” Drummer Oliver Leiber is well known for playing guitar and recording songs for some of the biggest artists in the business, including Rod Stewart, among many others. Speaking of the band, Oliver said, “it grew organically out of a very simple desire on Brian's and my part to do a musical project that wasn't trying to be anything. We simply wanted to write songs without judging if they were ‘hits’ or if they would fit into a certain musical radio format. We wanted to write songs that were reflective of who we are as men and artists at this point in our lives. Most of all, we really just wanted to have some fun and rock out! The Bayonets grew out of a desire to get back in touch with the days when I just played music for music's sake.” Crash Boom Bang! was mixed by Joe Zook (Katy Perry, OneRepublic, Pink, Faith Hill and others). The accompanying video was directed by Linda Cevallos-French & Brian French. Crash Boom Bang! was produced by Brian Ray and Oliver Leiber. "We are thrilled to be a part of such a great rock record," says Robo Records president Rob Christie. The Bayonets are: Brian Ray (of The Paul McCartney Band, Etta James, etc.) - guitar/vocals; Oliver Leiber (Rod Stewart, Aretha Franklin, etc.) – drums; Lucrecia López Sanz (of Argentina's Nube 9) - guitar/vocals Lucrecia Loez Sanz takes turns with lead vocal on “Whatcha Got” and “Last Man Standing” The album was released, July 29, 2014 by Robo Records and will be world-wide distributed by Universal Music Distribution. The Bayonets - Crash Boom Bang! 1. Crash Boom Bang! (video) 2. So Easy Rider 3. Sucker For Love (video) 4. Smartphone (video) 5. Voodoo Doll 6. Vagabond Soul (feat. Steven Tyler) (lyric video) 7. Whatcha Got (video) 8. Cotton Candy 9. Last Man Standing 10. Big Man Down

No comments:

Post a Comment