Thursday, August 13, 2015

Mason Zgoda

There are no age limits when it comes to writing and producing a new level of sound. Just as much as there are no labels as to what is Punk versus Hip Hop versus Top 40 Country. Music presentation is on an all time high with no reason to stop on a fad. From the iHeart Radio Studio I'm Unplugged and Totally Uncut with Charlotte's very own Mason Zgoda. Mason Zgoda, born in Lexington, Kentucky and raised in Harrisburg NC, began writing and playing music at age eleven. Her parents bought her a guitar for Christmas, and she began taking lessons. "A few months after beginning lessons", Mason says "I was listening to the 'Fearless' record by Taylor Swift, and I thought 'I wish I could write songs that expressed my feelings as much as this album does.' And then I thought, 'Hold up!! I play guitar! Let's do this!' and I took the only four chords I knew, and wrote the chorus to Superman." 'Superman' appears as the second song on her Black & White album. "For me, music has always been about communicating and expressing. I'm not so good at talking about how I feel, but I feel. so. much. Somehow, with music, I could put it into words." Mason Zgoda Mason has done an excellent job of putting her feelings to words on her debut album, 'Black & White', which releases on August 15th, 2015. The album weaves a beautiful, emotional story, and presents a contrast in more than just the title: from the hard-hitting pop/rock single "She's Gone" to the gentle, tender acoustic "More of You" to the upbeat, fun yet laid-back "My Love", the album artfully navigates the highs and lows of a young woman's life as she learns lessons of love, heartbreak, loss, and ultimately how to live with confidence in herself and have hope in the future. "I tend to see the world that way, in black and white. I think and feel in extremes." Mason says. "For me, this past year has been one of the most impactful ones of my life, and has taught me how to find the balance, and how to handle the areas of life that are grey." Mason hopes to continue writing and playing music while she pursues higher education in Los Angeles, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment