Monday, September 11, 2017

Marc Almond

Listen to "Marc Almond Shadows And Reflections" on Spreaker. Marc Almond has just released his new single "How Can I Be Sure," from his forthcoming 60's inspired album of orchestral pop songs entitled Shadows And Reflections. "How Can I Be Sure" is Marc's reinterpretation of the Young Rascals track - an exceptional piece of songwriting that Marc reinterpreted with his own vision, adding subtle nuances and changes while retaining the song's original majesty. Says Marc: “My audience may not be familiar with a lot of these songs so I had to bear that in mind. Whereas if you’re an aficionado and you know how brilliant they are, you’ll see I’ve not reinvented them an awful lot because I thought the arrangements are so good in the first place. These songs just need to be put out there again so people can hear them. Me singing them introduces them to a different audience and brings them out into the light." He continues: "'How Can I Be Sure" is one of those special compositions that when people hear it, they know it from somewhere but it won’t be a song that is sung everywhere. It’s a very modern song in that it addresses questions about life that are pertinent today. Yes, there’s a feeling of nostalgia to it but songs have to tell a story and have got to feel relevant, fresh and different sounding. One thing I really wanted to do with the album was to pay homage to the arrangements of songs from that time. I always loved the way they blended pop and classical with a slight psychedelia, and ‘How Can I Be Sure’ fitted really nicely into the record.”

No comments:

Post a Comment