Thursday, April 23, 2015

Antonette Coulton from People Magazine

This has to be the biggest variety ever featured in People Magazine. The 2015 Most Beautiful Women has been announced. You know I have to People Magazine about this. From the iHeart Radio Studio I'm Unplugged and Totally Uncut with Antonette Coulton (NEW YORK) – PEOPLE has named Sandra Bullock “World’s Most Beautiful Woman” 2015 in its 26th annual “World’s Most Beautiful” special double issue. Yet it’s her role as mom to her 5-year-old son Louis that makes the Oscar-winning actress feel most beautiful every day. “When I first held him, I realized what my purpose in life was,” Bullock, 50, tells PEOPLE. “I’m the lucky one.” Her definition of real beauty, she says, “is quiet. Especially in this town [Hollywood], it’s just so hard not to say, ‘Oh, I need to look like that.’ No, be a good person, be a good mom, do a good job with the lunch, let someone cut in front of you who looks like they’re in a bigger hurry. The people I find most beautiful are the ones who aren’t trying.” She says, “I have never been a great beauty. I’ve never been the bombshell that was coveted. In an odd way, that made growing older a lot easier in this business.” The role she feels most beautiful in is “the role of mother,” she says. “I don’t feel beautiful in anything I’ve acted in. I don’t watch myself, but I’ve gotten better about looking at the work. I don’t mind aging on film, I just don’t feel beautiful.” Regarding talk that she might be adding to her brood, she responds, “I’ve always said that I could have a house full of kids. But at this time the only kids in my house, other than Louis, are the ones whose parents want them back at the end of the playdate.” Visit people.com/mostbeautiful for more on Sandra Bullock, plus exclusive video from PEOPLE’s “World’s Most Beautiful” photo shoots. The 5.4.15 special double issue hits newsstands (and tablets) on Friday, April 24. (Cover story, page 82) Also in PEOPLE’s “World’s Most Beautiful” Issue: “BEAUTY CONFESSIONS”: Bleached eyebrows! Mayonnaise hair conditioner! Visible lip liner! Hollywood stunners including Julia Roberts (“eyebrows viciously over-plucked”); Drew Barrymore (“going too blonde and it didn’t work”); Viola Davis (“microdermabrasion. It dried out my skin”); Jennifer Aniston (“bleach on my eyebrows, which then left me with white eyebrows”); Julianna Margulies (“getting mayo out of your hair isn’t so easy. I smelled like egg salad for days”); Carrie Underwood (“when I was 13 I got a perm, and it was a big mistake”); Julianne Moore (“I ruined my eyebrows”); Katie Holmes (“I did try a juice cleanse…and I was at Chipotle by noon”); Nicole Kidman (“a botched attempt at being a platinum blonde once”); Gwyneth Paltrow (“my eyebrows were a bit over-plucked in the ‘90s”); Blake Lively (“I matched my metallic eye shadow to my T-shirts in middle school”); Halle Berry (“I once tried an egg white facial – for two weeks I looked like a lizard molting!”); Reese Witherspoon (“I had really plucked-thin eyebrows. I basically looked like an emoji”); and Kerry Washington (“I wore acrylics for a long time, but they made my nails very weak”) share their beauty mishaps. (page 92) Kicking off PEOPLE’s 9th annual “NOT a DROP of MAKEUP” section featuring eight fresh faces – Gina Rodriguez, Padma Lakshmi, Sophia Bush, Aubrey Plaza, Mariska Hargitay, Frieda Pinto, and Tracee Ellis Ross – photographed in nothing but moisturizer and lip balm – is country singer Miranda Lambert, 31. She says that her husband, Blake Shelton, is “one of those dudes that’s like, ‘You look prettier without it.’ He sees me the same, whether I have a whole glam squad or I’m just hanging out at home.” (page 146) -more- “HOT RIGHT NOW”: Whether on the screen, the stage or the runway, it’s been an ovation-worthy year for these knockout performers including Taraji P. Henson (“the Powerhouse”); Gigi Hadid (the “It Girl”); Amber Heard (“the Chameleon”); Meghan Trainor (“the Breakout”); Jenna Dewan-Tatum (“the Hot Mama”); Helen Mirren (“the Queen”); Margot Robbie (“the Knock Out”); Shay Mitchell (“the TV Sweetheart”); Amy Schumer (“the Funny Girl”); Ariana Grande (“the Pop Star”); Ellen Page (“the Indie Star”); Vanessa Hudgens (“the Broadway Babe”); Caitriona Balfe (“the Fan Favorite”); Gabrielle Union (“The Age Defier”); and Laverne Cox (“the Trailerblazer”) – the first transgender actress to appear in the pages of PEOPLE’s “World’s Most Beautiful” issue. (page 111) “HALF THEIR AGE”: PEOPLE honors eleven radiant stars who share their no-fail beauty philosophies -- Elle Macpherson, 51 (“I actually love getting older”); Marisa Tomei, 50 (“I get a solid eight hours of sleep”; Robin Wright, 49 (“It’s my grownup haircut!”); Vanessa Williams, 52 (“feeling grounded and hopeful has always made me feel radiant”); Courteney Cox, 50 (“I really don’t feel my age”); Salma Hayek, 48 (“we need to stop the crazy expectations, give ourselves a break”); Elizabeth Hurley, 49 (“if you’ve got time to think about aging, then you’re not busy enough”); Andie MacDowell, 57 (“I do yoga”); Demi Moore, 52 (“regardless of your age, you should never turn away from your sexuality”); Lisa Bonet, 47; and the oldest woman to grace the pages of PEOPLE’s “World’s Most Beautiful” issue – Cicely Tyson, 91! (page 141) In “MAKING OVER THE DUGGARS,” six Duggar women – Jana, 25; Jill Duggar Dillard, 23; Jessa Duggar Seewald, 22; Jinger, 21; Joy-Ana, 17; and mother Michelle, 48 – agreed to be subjected to a glam squad, with the only rules being no haircuts and stay covered up. Michelle tells PEOPLE, “It was fun to do those false eyelash things – I’ve never done that before. I hope I can take them off!” (page 175) In “BEAUTIES & THEIR BEASTS,” five stars – Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting (with horse Thor); Eva Longoria (with Maltese Jinxy); Lea Michele (with rescue cat Sheila); Sandra Lee (with cockatoos Halo and Phoenix); and Elisha Cuthbert (with miniature schnauzer Pearl) – show off the furry (and feathered!) friends who warm their hearts. (page 122) 26 YEARS of PEOPLE’s “WORLD’S MOST BEAUTIFUL” 2015 Sandra Bullock 2014 Lupita Nyong’o 2013 Gwyneth Paltrow 2012 BeyoncĂ© 2011 Jennifer Lopez 2010 Julia Roberts 2009 Christina Applegate 2008 Kate Hudson 2007 Drew Barrymore 2006 Angelina Jolie 2005 Julia Roberts 2004 Jennifer Aniston 2003 Halle Berry 2002 Nicole Kidman 2001 Catherine Zeta-Jones 2000 Julia Roberts 1999 Michelle Pfeiffer 1998 Leonardo DiCaprio 1997 Tom Cruise 1996 Mel Gibson 1995 Courteney Cox 1994 Meg Ryan 1993 Cindy Crawford 1992 Jodie Foster 1991 Julia Roberts 1990 Michelle Pfeiffer

No comments:

Post a Comment