Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Randy Bachman

Listen to "Randy Bachman By George By Bachman" on Spreaker. By George – By Bachman is a collection of Harrison compositions along with one original song. Randy says, "I figured I would take George’s songs and give them new grooves. I wanted the tempos and arrangements to be different but still recognizable by the lyrics. I took the major keys and turned them into minors. It was a whole new interpretation of a familiar song. I was quite excited about the prospect of re-imagining George Harrison’s songs.” The album opens and closes with “Between Two Mountains,” an original song written to tie the various elements together. In between are 11 Harrison compositions, but you will also hear bits of other songs. "Throughout the album, I put in little signature licks that are associated with George’s songs, like the slide part from ‘My Sweet Lord’ or the opening chord from ‘A Hard Day’s Night,’ for the fans to notice. Kind of like Easter eggs.” Bachman will play tracks off the album at B.B. King's in New York City on February 24th, the day before Harrison would have turned 75.

No comments:

Post a Comment