Thursday, May 3, 2018

Sara Bendrick

Listen to "Sara Bendrick From I Hate My Yard" on Spreaker. Hi I'm Sara Bendrick! I'm a landscape designer by trade. I was born & raised in San Diego, California, and started at a young age with a passion for art, nature and an appreciation for anything living. I've always had a passion for doing as opposed to watching. When I was young I would sew doll clothes out of my old T-shirts, draw, paint, and dig in the dirt. My whole life has been about trial & error, figuring things out as I go. When I was a little older I decided I wanted chickens, so I read a book and got to it, luckily that was a success! Unlike my attempt at a 5000 Red-worm worm farm. I studied at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo and received my Bachelors of Science in Landscape Architecture. As a college student I immediately got my hands dirty in the field working different landscaping gigs, including being a forewoman for a landscape maintenance company. After college I honed my residential design skills by working for a design/build firm and eventually when out on my own and started my own landscape design business. I love that I have the opportunity to combine nature with a built environment to create a sense of place. I have always been interested in horticulture & art, and designing landscapes allows me to combine both of my passions. I feel very fortunate to have a career that can combine artistic expression & environmental awareness with purpose & function. As a landscape designer with a passion for being involved with my projects, hosting the DIY Network's 'I Hate My Yard' was the perfect fit! I love to interact and help homeowners realize the opportunity in their exterior spaces. With a DIY attitude my crew and I tackle tough backyards with the help of the homeowners to keep the budget in check. I guide the homeowners through the renovation process by tasking them with fun, creative and aesthetically pleasing projects to take back the yard once & for all. Thanks for visiting me and please tune in to I Hate My Yard on the DIY Network Tuesday nights at 10pm & 10:30 EST / 7pm & 7:30pm PST! See you all there!

No comments:

Post a Comment