Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Bryan Adams 30 Years of Reckless

I was on the air at KOOK in Billings, Montana when clean cut rebel by the name of Bryan Adams began turning radio waves into huge requests and number one songs. From the iHeart Radio Studio I'm Unplugged and Totally Uncut with Bryan Adams. Being a Radio Jock in the 1980's was a brilliant adventure through multitudes of creative temptations. New acts and sounds were coming from all corners of the planet. One minute stations were All American then suddenly British invasion. Australia was perking up. As was Canada. And I'm not talking Gordon Lightfoot and Anne Murray. Both have their place in music history but it wasn't going to be in the 1980's. Fronting the pack was Bryan Adams. I took the phone calls from impatient listeners. They saw him perform on MTV and American Bandstand. They screamed into that phone for more. Who was this clean cut rebel and what was he doing to my two speaker stage?

No comments:

Post a Comment