Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Seth Alley

You can't release a song called Things We Don't Talk About then walk into my iHeart Radio Studio. You're gonna open up. I'll locate the key to your creative mind and then unlock the Unplugged and Totally Uncut story. It's Country Music's hot new comer Seth Alley!!!! I’m the oldest of three kids. I grew up in the small east Tennessee town of Sparta. I like to tell stories. As long as I can remember I’ve liked to tell them, and so I guess becoming a songwriter was logical. Every song I write is like a chapter from a book…they are stories for you and truths for me. I never write a song just to write a song. They paint a true and vivid picture of what my life is or was like. My goal when writing is to make people feel something – I want them to think. My stories, and thus my songs, come from observation, lessons, love and dreams. I picked up the guitar at the age of thirteen and formed my first band at fourteen. With over 1,000 shows under my belt, the next step was to go after my true dream of becoming a professional artist…so off to Music City I went. I started making trips back and forth to Nashville at the end of 2012, and it was on that first trip I met Bill McDermott, who would end up being my producer. Bill introduced me to Jody Williams at BMI, who helped me land a publishing deal with Sony ATV and management with Spalding Entertainment (home to Jason Aldean, Rascal Flatts, Brooks & Dunn, and Terri Clark.) Literally a few weeks later, I was signing a record deal with Big Machine Records. That was June of 2014. You can say life is pretty awesome right now…

No comments:

Post a Comment