Thursday, July 9, 2015

Colin Hay Next Year People

It's not that I don't want to write about what it was like to sit inside the studio as the 7 to 12 DJ on KOOK in the 1980's spinning the 45's and albums belonging to an Australian act. I knew then what I know now. There's more to the songwriter and the voice that became the band. Every journey has a story. Colin Hay has enough chapters to make an epic movie. No matter where you walk. The writer within listens. Colin has taken the trail and made songs. Each piece reminds me of the brush that once painted the canvas for Picasso. His laugh is genuine. As is the Scottish accent and ancestry. But to those that sat on the outside of radio speaker waiting to hear the lyrics they could sing with. He became their harmony. And as much as I tried to put into play the importance he's had on so many lives. I got to spend half the day with a the songwriter that helped to shape the 80's. And the crazy DJ still in me can't wait to share the experience with the listener. But I wish for a moment you could've been there when Colin and I laughed the hardest. I talked of being up to replace Casey on AT 40 and how Shadoe Stevens got it. And clear as a bell Colin said, "And its still stuck in your gut isn't it?" I looked at him. He looked at me. After featuring Men at Work on more weekly Countdowns from Montana to Carolina. I had found someone that knew exactly what it was like to be almost be there only to miss. The laugh was so loud. Proving how real the songwriter truly is when it comes to every step we take within the land of reality. From the iHeart Radio Studio I'm Unplugged and Totally Uncut with Colin Hay

No comments:

Post a Comment