Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Olsen

"'I Remember' sounds like summer to me.” Yolanda Be Cool "absolutely brilliant! ful support from me - let me know if you can come on my pioneer dj radio show? : )" Kissy Sell Out “Will definitely be smashing this” Colour Castle “This EP is fuckin’ dope” Pantheon Sydney based producer and one half of the infamous Fear Of Dawn duo, OLSEN, is sure to gain some local and international attention with his debut EP “Chapter One” on Tinted Recordings. This well rounded collection of house music encapsulates his percussive influence but also shows of his musical side. The lead single from the EP, ”What The” flaunts an unmistakable vocal hook, and Hot Creations inspired groove, while still keeping things interesting with 90’s chord stabs and clever use of a twisted horn. Next up is “I Wanna Be Your Lover” featuring Muma Megs. Megs vocal sets the perfect tone with this funky Shiba San style groove. “Baby This, Baby That” picks up the pace with a loopy cut up vocal sample and funky 808 sub bass line. With plenty of drums, percussion, and bass, this one is a club weapon. Rounding out the EP is “I Remember”. Slowing things down but by no means losing interest, “I Remember” sounds like summer. Olsen draws on tropical influences while still keeping his percussive background present.

No comments:

Post a Comment